OCTOBER 1, 2020
H ey friends! I’m back with another post and thought I’d break the ice by sharing this list of random things about me … the gal behind the blog! I just celebrated my 30th birthday this past September and felt it would be appropriate to spill a fun fact for each year that has accounted for the wiser woman I’ve blossomed into today.
My hope is that this list will give you a glimpse into who I am as a person, far beyond what you see at face value. And although the trajectory of my life would be nearly impossible to translate into 30 brief facts, I still relentlessly drummed up this list in an attempt to connect with you, my beloved readers, on a more personal level. So, in no particular order, let’s begin.
1. I’m a Libra and feel very connected to the personality traits of my astrology sign. I’m somebody who thrives on companionship, considers myself to be diplomatic in my relationships and prefers to look on the bright side in all situations. I am also an overthinker and can be extremely indecisive.
2. I live in Edmonton, Canada with my fiancé, Tom and my 5 y/o French bulldog, Romeo.
3. I have a deep desire to travel the world and I collect newspapers from wherever I travel. I feel it’s a cool way to remember what was going on in the world at that exact moment in time.
4. I don’t have any tattoos.
5. #Lifegoals to me is being able to afford to take my entire family on a vacation one day. Family is everything to me.
6. I’m a middle child. I grew up in a household with 4 sisters and 1 brother. There’s 6 of us in total.
7. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. When I commit to something, I am all in or not in at all. It is both a blessing and a curse in my opinion.
8. My alcoholic beverage of choice would be a Caesar (extra spicy) and/or glass of Sangria. I also die over a Bailey’s coffee.
9. I believe in Karma and think that you get what you give in life.
10. I am a total night owl. I always have been and I probably always will be. My chronotype is the Wolf, which means, I am not usually an early riser and function best in the later hours of the day or at night. Did I tell you that I wrote this post on a whim at 4AM?
11. My love languages are Words of Affirmation and Quality Time.
12. One of my biggest dreams is to live abroad somewhere unfamiliar in the world one day — even if it’s not permanent. I feel that the world is too big to plant roots in one place for forever.
13. I am a Sex & The City fan and connect most to Charlotte & Carrie. I feel like I’m a mix of both characters.
14. If I could eat one dish for the rest of my life, it would probably be spaghetti and meatballs.
15. I like my money where I can see it … hanging in my closet.
16. I believe in soulmates and truly feel like I’ve found mine.
17. I am very ambitious and have learned that I connect best with people who share this same type of energy. I need to be constantly working towards a goal and don’t believe in waiting around for things to happen in life.
18. I have a lot of reservations about putting myself on a public platform because although I love to share bits of my life online, I still deeply value my privacy and personal life.
19. I was friends with my fiancé for 10 years before we actually started dating back in 2015. We just got engaged this past August.
20. I come from humble beginnings. Both of my parents are immigrants of Cambodia. My Pa also has some Thai blood in him and my Ma has some Chinese roots from her fathers side. Mix that all together and you get… me!
21. I’m truly my happiest when I’m in my blogging chair creating content. I thrive on the feeling of creating something from nothing.
22. I’m a very sentimental person. I keep a box of items that mark special moments in my life.
23. I’m 5’3” and fit a size S-M in most clothes. I currently rock a size 6-8 in pants. I have cellulite, stretch marks and my stomach isn’t flat when I sit down. I still feel cute most days.
24. I’m a “slow and steady wins the race” kinda gal. I don’t believe in rushing things — especially the things you want to last forever.
25. I love all types of music but connect most to r&b/hip hop music. It’s what I grew up listening to.
26. I love a good meme. Sending me a really good one may result in BFF status.
27. I’m a sucker for potato chips. They are the equivalent to a snickers bar for me. I’m a different person without them. Just ask my fiancé.
28. I make my bed every. single. day. It makes me feel like I have my shit together.
29. I don’t idolize celebrities. I feel the power of influence lies in relatability and I’m sorry but that’s something Kylie Jenner just can’t offer.
30. My deepest fear in life is to go my entire existence not doing what I love for a living. I want more out of life than to just exist and will probably spend my whole life pursuing a path that fulfills me creatively, instead of the path of the norm.
DRESS | KEEPSAKE THE LABEL
MULE HEELS | CHINESE LAUNDRY
HANDBAG | MADISON WEST
EARRINGS | AMAZON